Brave Space: Co-taught by Jeff Hirst and Paula Roland
The course meets for five 120-minute sessions on Thursdays, October 20, 27, November 3, 17, and December 1st from 1:00- 3:00 PM (CST)
What is the Brave Space? A course taught by us on Zoom. We introduce new materials and many challenging ways of working. You are also introduced to many artists through the videos we show.
Here, in this Brave Space, you have encouragement and support from your teachers and fellow artists. Many have continued on with the processes, even with different materials, once they learn to
Assignments are completed between the Zoom sessions in your own work space.
Visit the Brave Space page here for many more details and to Register!
- Working large and free on heavy paper with mixed (water-based) media.
- Large-scale intuitive painting and drawing.
- Emphasis on the process, risk-taking, and letting go.
- Maneuver through space using the whole body, unusual tools, and alternative materials.
- Introduction to abstraction, if desired!
- Develop rich surfaces, content, and strategies that carry over to future works
- Resolve works that seem chaotic
- Introduction to other artists who use these methods.
“We lead you to take risks while working large to create dynamic pieces. The class is really about process rather than products. The information we share will stay with you for years to come.” ~ Jeff and Paula